Dear mindful friends
Today is 9-09-09 (Wednesday, September 9, 2009), a wonderful day to
start a new venture into your own happiness, prosperity, and
enlightenment. The number 9 is all about fullness, richness,
abundance, wealth and fulfillment. In the Eastern traditions, the
number 108 is extremely significant for various reasons, one of which
is that the numbers 1+0+8 = 9, the number of completeness, totality
and success. In the Western traditions, the number 9 symbolizes the
Holy Spirit, as in the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit and the 9 gifts of
the Holy Spirit, so the number 9 is also the number of Empowerment and
I encourage you to start a 108-day spiritual practice period beginning
today on 9-09-09. 108 days from today ends on Christmas Day, December
25, 2009, which symbolizes the birthing forth of our Divine Humanity,
our True Nature, Heaven on Earth. Let's call this our 108-day "My
Abundance Program" (MAP)
Make a list of 9 major spiritual practices that you will commit
yourself to during these 108 days. Perhaps make a list of the 9 most
important goals or priorities for your life and practice from now
until Christmas Day. Here are some suggestions:
- I joyfully commit myself to practicing daily meditation at least
108 minutes each week (or at least 9 minutes a day).
- I joyfully commit myself to participating in a weekly meditation
group as regularly as I can.
- I joyfully commit myself to attending at least one retreat (whether
of one day, weekend, or weeklong length).
- I joyfully commit myself to giving at least $108 to one or more
worthy spiritual organizations or charities.
- I joyfully commit myself to praying daily or weekly for at least 9
persons or peoples in the world.
- I joyfully commit myself to finding at least 9 things to be
consciously grateful for each day.
- I joyfully commit myself to asking 9 friends to pray for me each
- I joyfully commit myself to writing 9 appreciation or
reconciliation letters to 9 persons, such as family, friends, teachers,
- I joyfully commit myself to nonviolence, generosity, sexual
responsibility, mindful communication and healthy consumption each day.
Please purchase the new book "Happiness"
by Thich Nhat
Hanh. And practice what you read every day and every week.
I send this 9-09-09 Letter to you on 9-09-09 at 9:09 AM. And I hope
to see many of you for the "AbunDance" Renewal Ritual
tonight at 7:09-9:09 PM at Unity Church of Dallas.
This is one of the best ways to kick off your 108-day "My Abundance
(MAP) starting today! Your life will be completely renewed
Also, here is the list of suggested mantras you may use each day or
week, which I gave to you last Sunday (Aug 30, 2009) at "Awakening
Heart" (Community of Mindful Living) during my Dharma Talk on "Yes,
Thank You" —
- AMITABHA ("Infinite Light") -- the universal mantra of love and life
- Sunday -- "Maranatha" (in honor of our Christian ancestors)
- Monday -- "Here, Now"
- Tuesday -- "Yes, Thank You"
- Wednesday -- "I Am Home"
- Thursday -- "Thy Will Be Done"
- Friday -- "All Is Well"
- Saturday -- "Shabbat Shalom" (in honor of our Jewish ancestors)
Please check out the new additions to our websites:
In joyful gratitude,
P.S. And here is one more mantra if all else fails:
- "Let Go and Let God,
Let Be and Let Buddha."